Now Available: 8 Questions Jesus Asked: Discipleship for Leaders by Daniel M. Cash and William H. Griffith.
Bringing a dual focus to two important areas of faith and congregational life, leadership and discipleship, this book draws on the best of biblical scholarship and the wisdom of today’s leadership coaching practices. It focuses on eight powerful questions from the Gospels, and examines their significance for leaders.
Using real and relevant ministry situations, 8 Questions Jesus Asked will help individuals examine their faith journey. Each chapter includes the biblical passage, exploration of the question in context, and application of the question and its insights.
Coming in August 2017:
Authors Dan Cash & Bill Griffith are providing a supplemental resource for those who use their book 8 Questions Jesus Asked: Discipleship for Leaders, published by Judson Press. During the four Sundays in August the sermons at FBC Columbus, IN will be on four of the chapters in the book. Following each sermon there will be an open forum for discussion of the sermon and chapter:
- Aug. 6 “Who touched my clothes?” (Dan Cash)
- Aug. 13 “What do you want me to do for you?” (Dialogue Sermon: Dan & Bill)
- Aug. 20 “What then did you go out to see?” (Bill Griffith)
- Aug. 27 “Do you believe this?” (Dan Cash)
- Ideal for an 8-week leadership study
- Designed specifically for spiritual development in small group settings
- Includes appendices with supplemental information related to the eight questions, leadership coaching, and additional questions for individual study
Who Will Appreciate This Book?
- Clergy and ministry leaders
- Church small group participants, including women, men, and young adult ministries
- Sunday School classes who use elective study resources
- Readers looking to deepen their faith and leadership
Where Can You Find 8 Questions Jesus Asked?
Read the Introduction Here
About the Authors
DANIEL M. CASH, DMin, currently serves as Senior Pastor of The First
Baptist Church of Columbus, Indiana. With more than 25 years of experience in pastoral and regional ministry, Dan served as an Area Resource
Minister with the American Baptist Churches of Indiana and Kentucky for
eight years, consulting with churches and facilitating pastoral leadership
groups. He continues to teach through the Church Leadership Institute of
WILLIAM H. GRIFFITH, DMin, is a retired hospice chaplain, having
been on the staff at Hospice of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona, and Hospice of South Central Indiana. He has expertise in grief recovery, pastoral
counseling, and preaching. Bill is also author of More Than a Parting
Prayer: Lessons in Care-Giving for the Dying (Judson Press, 2005). Visit
his website at wmgriffithbooks.com.